31 years. Life has proven to be more difficult than easy as I had hoped, believed, in my younger years that it would be. You knew it would be hard. But looking back now, I know there is only one reason I survived the hardships. God, in all of His mercy, gave you to me. With you at my side, I can survive anything: Problems with my siblings, friends that disappoint, a mean principal, our daughter leaving home too soon, our son's sickness, the death of my dad. Just being in your arms, in your presence, having your supportive words, all make me feel safe and know I'll be ok. You have always been a pillar of strength and a beacon of love to me.
Life HAS proven to be more difficult than easy, now, I know that that's normal, especially when you are newly wedded, raising a family, starting a career and a business. It's also normal for it to get less difficult/busy as you grow older and for us (ok you) to learn how to relax and enjoy life and growing old together. In other words, Darlin', save the last dance for me. I AM yours.
You can dance, go and carry on
Till the night is gone
And it's time to go
If he asks if you're all alone
Can he walk you home, you must tell him no
'Cause don't forget who's taking you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darling, save the last dance for me
No comments:
Post a Comment