Let me start off by saying I think all of these are equally important if it's important to the person. Kind of like your emotions. Your most prevalent love language and the one that is most important to you is very clearly acts of service and I appreciate everything that you do for me and for us. Thank you. I think you also appreciate physical touch and words of affirmation as well. Of course, acts of service is the most productive to just get through life and something that we have to do whether it's intended to show love or not (go to work, fix things, cook, laundry, etc.) I love physical touch, and words of affirmation and of course I love the gifts you have given me. Thank you. I think an important love language to me is quality time, I guess you would call it staring into each other's eyes. I DON'T NEED TO SPEND MUCH quality time with you, but I would appreciate more than we make time for. I think that you may think that we do more than I think that we do. But to me, although I enjoy this, sitting on different chairs watching tv is not quality time. Lying in bed watching tv, I love, but to me it qualifies as physical touch when we are holding hands. Please don't interpret any of this to mean that I don't enjoy the times we are together or that I don't appreciate the things you do with and for me. I just feel that we spend a high percentage of time in your highest priority love language, (and again I know it's necessary) and a low in mine (and again, I don't need much). To me, our morning bible reading qualifies. Thank you, I enjoy this. Things that I would or do love to do with you that also qualify.
Sitting in the hot tub like we used to. Thank you for those times.
Date night like we used to, of course covid has disrupted this.
Going out to dinner just me and you, I love when the kids or friends go too, but it's not just me and you time.
Doing acts of service WITH you, like our plan to clean out the garage
I know you've told me not to expect this of you, so I don't and try not to ask you, but I would love just me and you taking a boat ride to watch the sunset, or just to ride. I know you occasionally go when your family is here, or when we go in a group, and I love that, but I yearn for QUALITY time with just you sometimes. We don't have to do it every day that we are at the lake, but I would really appreciate this time with you, just two or three times a season would make my heart happy.
Going on trips with you, even if family or friends come if we can slip in some quality time.
Making love. 💓 We this, a little less than before, nonetheless we still do. Thank you.
Sitting on the pier and looking at the moon, we did do this not too long ago. Thank you.
Having a productive conversation with you about anything. We do this sometimes. Thank you
I don't want you to add this to your list of things to do, but maybe every once in a while we could just swap things around with any downtime that we do have. I know it's not much.
I love you and thank God for you every day. In our old age, I always envisioned spending a little more quality time together. But as we have both learned, we can't have these expectations, so know that I will be just as in love with you no matter what.

No comments:
Post a Comment